Thursday 29 July 2010

I’ve just been called a social networking freak

And that was by my 12 year old daughter so it must be true.  What’s happened, I know I’ve always been a fairly social person, open and friendly and willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.  It just as I am fast approaching my 1000 tweet (I have only been tweeting for about 3 weeks) I realise there seems to be a wealth of unspoken words trapped in my brain.  Is this what it feels like to be a writer do you think, having a constant flow of thoughts that they need to express. Just so you know, I am happy, in fact I love it.  I think I could waffle on talking at and too people all day long.  Is it normal though..? My son is the same, he does not stop talking.  In fact the worst punishment to give him is to tell him to be quiet.  He finds it incredibly difficult.  He vocalizes all his concerns and fears and likes to rationalise and discuss them with me and his dad, he gets so excited when he has a new thought, or an amazing piece of information he wishes to share. He loves words and speaking, he will talk to anyone who will listen and he is convinced that everything he has to say needs to be heard. I remember feeling much the same way and was very hurt by my grown ups when they told me to be quiet at the same age.  I do try not to stifle his verbalisation as I think its when I stopped talking that I began to internalise my thoughts and feelings and this has led me to high levels of depression throughout my life. Sometimes though he won’t let you get a word in edgeways and he has also has that I am school now attitude, so I know everything.  I plan to always have an ear for listening to my son, I just hope the world doesn’t mind having an ear for listening to me. :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on my blog, its interesting to hear other peoples perspectives on my thoughts :-)